Q - When and where will the ISAM 2019 Annual Conference be held?
- The 21st Annual ISAM Conference will be held from November 13-16, 2019 in New Delhi, India.
- The conference will be held at Hotel Pullman, (Aero city) New Delhi, India
- Scientific programme will include plenary lectures, invited lectures, symposiums, workshops, oral communications and posters. Formal inauguration will be held on 13th November, 2019 evening followed by Welcome dinner. Gala dinner will be held on 15th November, 2019.
- Two ISAM Fundamentals Workshops will be held on 12 November, 2019. The first is 'Leadership Workshop: Effective leadership in addiction medicine: why, how and what? The second is the 'Training the Trainers Workshop: How to transfer our knowledge on addiction medicine to the next generation?'
- An ISAM CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION will be held on 12th November, 2019.
- Full-day and half-day social tours would be available and require separate registration.
- For more information click here
Q - What are the submission deadlines for the ISAM 2019 annual meeting?
- The last date for submission for symposiums and workshops is 30th April, 2019 and for oral communications and posters it is 30th June, 2019.
Q - Why should I create a login/account to register for the conference?
You need to create an account in order to register for the ISAM conference. You only need to create this account once.
- Please make sure that you mention a valid e-mail address. As organisers we assume no responsibility if communications cannot be sent to you due to a faulty e-mail address.
- Please note that the information you enter will appear on your name badge, receipt, abstract book, certificate of participation etc. as you mention it.
- The Registration is now open and can be done online. One can avail the early bird discounts on registration fees. The online payment pathways for credit cards are also open.
- For more details click here
Q - How can I change the password for my account?
- You can ALWAYS change your password by clicking on the "I forgot my password" link on the registration page.
Q - I have already registered for this conference. Can I make changes to my registration information?
- You can make changes or update any information after you login and enter your account.
Q - How much is the registration fees for attending the ISAM conference?
- For detailed information on rates check here
- Registration fee includes conference bag, complementary lunches, Welcome dinner and Gala dinner.
Q - Why have I not received a registration confirmation e-mail?
- After completing your registration you SHALL always receive a confirmation e-mail immediately.
- If you have paid and have only received the confirmation from the online payment provider, but not the registration confirmation email, please contact the conference organisers. Please also check your spam folder in case you don’t see this in your inbox.
Q - I am interested to attend the ISAM Fundamentals workshops to be held on 12 Nov 2019?
For information on Eligibility, Application, Content Areas and fees, you may visit the ISAM webpage here
- The fees for each workshop are as follows
- $200 US for ISAM members
- $300 US for non-ISAM members
- $100 US for Low or Middle Income countries
Q - I am interested to appear for the "International Certification in Addiction Medicine" Examination to be held on 12th November, 2019, What Is The Eligibility Criteria? How do I register?
- For information on Eligibility, Application, Content Areas and fees, you may visit the ISAM webpage here
- The fees are $800 US (non-ISAM members), $700 US (ISAM members), $725 US (for members of Affiliate Societies).
Q - Can I register and pay cash at the time of conference?
- If you are attending the conference as a participant only, you are recommended to pay fees as soon as you register to avail discounted rates. You can however pay cash at the time of conference as well.
- If you are making an oral or a poster presentation, it is mandatory for you to pay registration fees prior to submission of the abstract.
- Please note that the early bird fee is only valid for participants paying their fee BEFORE 30th April, 2019.
Q - I am a non-profit organization; will I get an offer/discount?
- Only the early bird discounts are applicable when you register for the conference.
Q - Do presenters have to pay conference registration fees?
- Registration is mandatory to attend the conference as well as for making presentations.
- The early bird registration deadline is 30th April, 2019.
Q - I only want to attend one day of the conference, is that possible?
- Registration for the entire conference has to be done.
Q - Will I get a refund of my registration fees if I am unable to attend the conference?
- Refund policy - Full refund – administration charges (20%) upto 30th June, 2019; 50% refund - administration charges (20%) upto 31st August, 2019; No refund after that.
Q – How do I know my eligibility for registration rates; am I eligible for the member rate?
- The table mentioning the fees for LAMI countries would apply for Indian delegates.
- The IPS and IASP members (who are non-ASAM members ) can register on ISAM member rates.
- You may also check for your country eligibility as Low and Middle Income country (LAMI) status by clicking here
Q - Can I pay for conference registration fees online?
- Yes, you can make payments online during the registration process or later after logging into your account.
Q - I reside in India and would like to make online payment, Can I pay by bank/wire transfer?
- If residing and paying from India, the bank details for NEFT/RTGS transfer are
Bank name - State Bank of India Branch name - Ansari Nagar IFSC code - SBIN0001536 MICR CODE - 110002005 Account number - 38264904505 Account name - ISAM 2019 Address - State Bank of India, AIIMS, New Delhi - 110029
Q - I am an overseas participant and would make online payment, Can I pay by bank/wire transfer?
- For International delegates, the bank details for wire transfer are
Bank name - State Bank of India Branch name - Ansari Nagar SWIFT code - SBININBB545 Account number - 38264904505 Account name - ISAM 2019 Address - State Bank of India, AIIMS, New Delhi - 110029
Q - Can I pay by Cheque?
- Yes, you can make a cheque payment. The cheque needs to drawn in favour of 'ISAM 2019' payable at New Delhi.
Q - Can I pay by Credit card?
- Yes, it is possible to make a credit card payment. Select your desired payment method: Master Card, Visa or American Express. You may be required to go through an additional level of security depending on your credit card verification policy. All credit card payments would attract 2.5% surcharge.
Q - My credit card has been charged twice during online payment. What do I do?
- Please contact the conference secretariat as soon as possible. The duplicate payment will be reimbursed.
Q - Why have I received a payment reminder although I have made a bank transfer?
- Unlike credit card payments, bank transfers take a little longer and are not immediate, therefore you may receive the payment reminder until the payment is processed. In order to avoid receiving payment reminders, please send proof of payment.
Q - Do the registration fees include taxes?
- Yes, the registration fees is inclusive of 18% GST.
Q - I need an official invoice, can I get one?
- If you need one, please contact the conference secretariat with your request.
Q - Is there funding available to help with travel/registration costs?
- You need to apply directly to the ISAM for the ISAM-NIDA grant to attend the meeting.
- For details click here
Q - Will I receive a certificate of attendance?
- A certificate of attendance will be available upon request.
Q - I am an overseas participant and need a letter of invitation before I can receive my visa. What is the procedure?
- Yes, you can be provided a letter of invitation upon request to the secretariat in the circumstances that the registration fees is paid in full.
Q - How do I submit a proposal for a Symposium/workshop?
- The Call for submission of symposium/workshop is open now.
- The deadline for submitting proposals is 30th April, 2019 (Midnight; Indian Standard Time)
- You can submit a proposal for a workshop on the submission platform on the conference website. The submissions via the online submission form only will be sent to the Review Committee and those submitted by fax or e-mail will not be accepted. All proposals will be evaluated by the ISAM 2019 scientific committee for suitability and its inclusion for the meeting.
- The proposer should receive the acceptance of every speaker in their session prior to submission.
- Registration is pre-requisite for acceptance of the proposal.
- To help maximize the number and diversity of presenters and perspectives on the conference program, each individual or team of individuals is limited to three proposal submissions.
Q - When will I be notified if my proposal is accepted?
- Only the proposer will receive notification of the final Scientific Committee decision, and he/she is responsible to communicate the result to all other speakers.
- The review process begins in May and we expect to notify individuals of the review results by July.
Q - How do I make changes to my workshop description or presenter list?
- To edit your proposal until the 30th April, 2019 submission deadline, go to the conference home page and click on the "submit proposals" at the top of the page. This takes you to the conference proposal system.
- Select the title of the session you wish to revise and click on "edit" in the action menu to the right.
- Edit the appropriate sections as needed.
- Presenters will not be able to access the system to make changes during the review and selection process. The system will reopen for updates when the review process is complete.
Q - Do I need to submit an abstract to be able to attend the conference?
- Yes, it is possible to register without submitting an abstract. However, we would encourage you to submit an abstract and actively take part in the conference either by presenting a poster or being selected for a oral presentation.
Q - How do I submit my abstract?
You can submit your abstract online after the registration process.
- For abstract submission click here
- The last date for abstract submission is 30th June, 2019
Q - The author submitted the abstract. As co-author, do I need to submit the abstract again?
- No, it is not necessary to submit the same abstract. If you are a presenter the author can add you when they submit the abstract. An abstract can have multiple presenters.
Q - How will the abstract selection take place?
- The abstracts that the participants submit will be evaluated by the scientific committee of the conference and will be selected for either an Oral or poster presentation.
- While submitting your abstract you'll be able to choose if you would like to apply for a Oral or a poster presentation only.
Q - If I am selected for an Oral presentation, can I also bring a poster?
- If you have been selected for a talk you will not receive an allocated slot for a poster.
Q - When will my selection for the Oral presentation/ poster be announced?
- The selection process will begin after the abstract submission closes and the process may take 2-4 weeks.
Q - How do I submit for a poster presentation?
- You can submit an abstract and select it for poster presentation option.
- For submission click here
- The last date for abstract submission is 30th June, 2019
Q - What should I take into consideration when I create my poster?
- The size of our poster boards are 3 ft x 4 ft. Pins will be available on the poster board for mounting your poster. Our poster boards are portrait oriented.
Q - When should I put up and take down my poster?
- Posters can be hung on beginning of session and taken down after the session. Please note that the posters which are still up at the end of the meeting will be discarded.
Q - What audio-visual equipment will be provided?
- Rooms for all conference and symposium presentations are equipped with a PC laptop (with Office Suite loaded), LCD projector, and screen. We strongly recommend that presenters bring their presentations on a portable drive and use the computer provided.
- Wireless Internet access is available in all meeting rooms.
Q - What do I need to know about poster presentations?
- There will be Two Poster sessions from 9:00 am to 12:30 pm on all four days and 2:00 pm to 5:30 pm on day 1, 2, 3. All poster presenters should staff their posters at the time to share their work.
Q - Where should I stay?
- Information about accommodation is available on website with the special rates provided for delegates. For details click here
- You can contact the hotel directly for room booking